Despite major advances in civil and political rights, our country still has a long way to go in addressing the issues of gender inequality and reproductive freedom. Right now, extreme forces on the right are launching political attacks and passing draconian laws at both the state and national level with the goal of ending a woman’s right to choose. We must fight back together, and defend a woman’s right to control her own body and economic future. When we are in the White House, we will:
- Adopt Equal Pay for Equal Work through the Paycheck Fairness Act.
- Fully fund Planned Parenthood, Title X, and other initiatives that protect women’s health, access to contraception, and the availability of a safe and legal abortion.
- Expand the WIC program for pregnant mothers, infants, and children.
- Oppose all efforts to undermine or overturn Roe v. Wade, and appoint federal judges who will uphold women’s most fundamental rights.
- Immediately reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act.
- Pass the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Fight to end sexual harassment in workplaces, the military, and other institutions.
- Protect women from harassment, discrimination, and violence in educational institutions by protecting and enforcing Title IX.