We have seen what happens when corporations and billionaires control our system of government to protect their own profit and greed. The era of Wall Street billionaires controlling our government and elections must come to an end, and we must take back our democracy for the American people. Every American, regardless of income and race, must have the freedom to exercise their constitutional right to vote. To make sure every voter counts, we must:
- Restore the Voting Rights Act.
- Secure automatic voter registration for every American over 18.
- Overturn Citizens United.
- End racist voter suppression and partisan gerrymandering.
- Abolish burdensome voter ID laws.
- Re-enfranchise the more than 6 million Americans who have had their right to vote taken away by a felony conviction, paid their debt to society, and deserve to have their rights restored.
- Make Election Day a national holiday.
- Abolish super PACs.
- Replace corporate funding and donations from millionaires and billionaires with public funding of elections that amplifies small-dollar donations.